Wednesday 22 July 2015

Sweetness and gin



Well we have bottled up the strawberry gin and it is sweet and tasty. Perhaps a little on the sweet side but we will let it stand for a few months and have some more sips. When I say we, I mean me of course although I know the 11 year old would like some!

Jim is telling me to pickle my beetroot and let my courgettes become marrows to make wine. He wants to come damson picking with us in the autumn and make more wine. His wife says it is like a brewery in her house. Whenever she opens a cupboard door or the airing cupboard there is a demijohn or a jar or something gurgling away. Jim blames me, saying  I have started him off again on an old hobby. Either way I think we must seem like a pair of alcoholics. I have the best neighbours,

I'm still cogitating over yesterdays events with the angry lady trying to get credit out of my brother. I feel a little sad and wonder why it is people do seem to think they can take advantage of us as a family. The 11 year old is Miss Feisty Pants so I know she will probably be smart enough to do well in life but the 10 year old has victim written all over her. She is just so nice. So gentle and sensitive and generous. She reminds me of my Mum. I wish they were both tougher with some of the folk who take advantage of their kind natures. It's a worry isn't it seeing those you love most getting hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment