Sunday 26 July 2015

A Rainy Sunday


Rain. rain and yet more rain on this Sunday but luckily we had things planned. First we went to a photo shoot no less which was a Christmas present form my lovely brother. After some awkwardness and quite a lot of acting because the girls had to pretend to like each other, the photographer was done. Next was a trip to Starbucks as the 11 year old thinks this is a cool place to be seen. Afterwards we went to the cinema and saw "Inside Out" which was an unusual film but we all laughed so I think it was a success.

Home, and the 11 year old disappeared to her bedroom and technology and the 10 year old pinched the laptop so I got the sewing machine out and attempted to fix it. Oh Yeah! Did it and made a pillow case with some material I've had for ages. I like my home made pillow cases. :0)

So easy to make and plenty of tutorials on the internet although just use one you have as a rough guide, cut out material, with seam allowances, make one side longer for the envelope that is tucked inside, hem both short ends, fold over the envelope part (I like to make mine quite long) and sew up the two sides and the bottom. That more or less is it and it is so easy to do I don't think I will ever buy any again.

No comments:

Post a Comment