Monday 6 July 2015

A Happy Day



Go-carting is on the list for something new by request from the 10 year old who has done it a few times already. Her sister and I have not so no doubt we will be whooped by little Miss Speedy. I'll save up and we will have a go in the Summer holidays. We don't have any holiday booked as finances are a little elastic (made to stretch but liable to snap if pulled too hard). We will have odd days here and there and fill our time quite happily.

The new thing for today was quite lame. I cooked a Thai curry for tea which was fine but not exceptional and we probably won't bother again. This is more a reflection on my catering skill than Thai food by the way

Today has been a good day. The school reports are out and forgive the crowing but both girls had amazing ones full of "delight"..."pleasure to teach"..."outstanding"..."well done"..."exceptional talent"...  Wow I'm so pleased for both of them. They do work hard and deserve their moments of glory. Toy Chica, the yellow doll won her owner 3 A*s and pride of place in the year six open evening and luckily the year five display featured a papier mache Spitfire (of all things!) made earlier this year as part of a World War 2 project by the 10 year old.

All this happiness made me think. If I am the opposite of depressed does this mean I'm pressed? If pressed means squashed or flattened surely de-pressed should mean not flattened but buoyant? So in this case wouldn't it mean happy? (Sorry - too much time spent with young inquisitive minds!).

No comments:

Post a Comment