Thursday 23 July 2015

Paint and punches



The 10 year old has chosen her colours along with a homemade patchwork cover for her seat. I think it reflects her very well. She loves to live in colourful chaos and a tidy room makes her feel uncomfortable and sad. She is one of those people who likes to spread her things out everywhere.
The 11 year old is the opposite and cannot bear untidiness although she does not ever offer to clean up so as you can imagine there are many clashes between these two.

I hope as they get older they may become friends but seriously have my doubts. After all why do we expect siblings to get along? They can be so different and there is always an undercurrent of rivalry no matter how fair the parent strives to be. I am often accused of preferring one daughter to the other which is untrue but I can see why she might believe it so. I am sometimes too quick to assume the eldest has punched her sister without provocation and I know that this is not always the case. Sometimes I read or hear other parents talking about how well their children get along and how they never argue or fight but sweetly share everything. Do you know what? I'll whisper it in your ear, just between us, I don't believe them...

No comments:

Post a Comment