Tuesday 7 July 2015

Out with the old


Today I've been thinking about trying something new as day 3 of my new resolution dawns. I got to drive a Volkswagen Beetle car which was fun and not something I've done before but it seemed a little lame.  I drive all the time and am really not into cars. As long as I can get in and the thing starts well the rest doesn't matter to me. My only preference is a small vehicle as they are easier to park. (Why doesn't someone invent wheels that turn sideways?)

So why the picture of an old woodburner? Well my lovely Mum (who spoils me) treated us to a new one a couple of months ago. She was worried because the old one is badly cracked on the top. We went to Ludlow in Shropshire and wandered around the beautiful Dinham house and chose one of the locally made burners. http://www.clearviewstoves.com//   Unfortunately because there already was an old second hand burner installed only last year, their fitters would not do the new one without putting in everything fresh. Not much point as all the flue was new. The very nice salesman said it was an easy job to change the burners over and I would be able to do it.

 Right. These are VERY heavy. So I've been waiting for someone to come and help. It's not going to happen is it! So tonight I did get the old one out all by myself using leverage and luck. That is something I've definitely not done before. I've painted the fireplace while it is empty so that's a good reason not to try and wrestle the new one in place. Maybe tomorrow but looking at the weeds in the path I think there is yet another job lined up...

No comments:

Post a Comment