Sunday 12 July 2015

Summer painting



Today was beautiful but apart from picking some courgettes, beetroot and a bunch of sweet peas for Jim and Brenda I didn't get to spend any time in the garden. No, the 10 year old wanted her bedroom painted and well. a promise is a promise so I set too. Luckily as it was only painted last year after the speediest renovations possible before we moved in, the walls didn't need too much attention or filler. There has been some movement and a few cracks but very minor. So the first wall was blue. The next was green and we linked it by painting the join as a jigsaw shape. It worked quite well. The last wall is pink but I didn't finish as I needed a new clean roller head so only had a little brush which takes ages. I offered the 10 year old my bedroom but she has happily gone to sleep with her bed in the middle of the room and no curtains. She has announced she wants patchwork curtains now. Last year we made 2 hexagon patched cushions out of their old outgrown clothes and she loves the higgledy piggledy look. So do I. We spotted an amazing patchwork sofa in the Range of all places on Saturday and both fell in love with it. Out of our price range though so our comfortable shabby second hand one will be staying for a long while yet. Perhaps we may decorate it...

The 11 year old just made me laugh. She announced she wants her own blog and is going to to an advice column for teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment