Saturday 25 July 2015

Another ghostly event


Look at these beauties picked today. I'm so glad we planted young fruit trees in the garden as it is paying off this year. These have already found a home in one of the demijohns along with some sugar and a bottle of brandy from Lidl. I don't particularly like brandy but we'll see what cherry brandy is like and it will make nice Christmas presents hopefully. The trying something new everyday is going quite well although it has mostly involved homemade brewing and recipes. I did sell my wedding ring in a pawn shop last week which was definitely a first time thing. I got £32 for it and the girls split the money and spent it in Claires Accesories on girly fripperies.

I mentioned seeing Mr Bartlett, my resident ghost, in yesterday's post. Well he was not the first time I've seen one. When I was 18, my grandmother on my mother's side died and we were all very upset. Three days later, I was playing my piano and having a little private cry when suddenly she was there stood besides me. It was midday and she was smiling at me, a beautiful wide smile. Her hair was in soft dark grey curls, she was wearing a yellowish cardigan and dark trousers. She told me not to be upset as she was fine and so happy and there was nothing to worry about. I didn't hear the words but they came as the clearest thoughts. I went and told my Mum and I didn't cry anymore for my grandmother. I smile when I think of her and am so grateful she took the time to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment