Saturday 4 July 2015

Gin and talk in the park



Excuse the blurry photograph but we bottled some of the damson gin that has been quietly brewing in the under stairs cupboard. It tastes beautiful but I'm thinking it must be pretty potent because I've sipped a small glass and can definitely feel the effects already! I'll give Jim, my neighbour, a bottle tomorrow and see what he and Brenda think of it.

Today was mostly spend ferrying the 10 year old to dance class then a party. Afterwards some of us headed to the Quarry in Shrewsbury where there is a play park. I listened to a dear friend opening up about her past marriage. I'm glad she talked. She suffered years of emotional abuse and trauma and three years on is still coming to terms with things. I wish there was a way of connecting with young girls to say "no, it is not your fault, it is not you but please leave anyone who treats you badly". If I can leave my girls with just one thing, it will be to value themselves and so never be in a position to put up with any kind of abuse.

What is the one thing you would pass on to your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment