Saturday 11 July 2015

Colour craziness


So the 10 year old has decided it is time to decorate her bedroom in her own style. The pottery above, painted by her, gives you a fair idea of her choice of colour mixes. This child is always decorating her room by scattering every piece of jewelry she owns on every available surface. She does not feel comfortable with a minimalist room and needs stuff all around her. Sometimes I cannot bear to go into her room because it is so cluttered but any tidying up sessions are speedily reversed so I tend to use avoidance tactics.

Anyway she has chosen to do three walls in colour, easy peasy green, palm springs blue and cherry lush pink. Heaven knows what it will look like but I trust her judgement as she seems to have the knack of pulling diverse things together in an artistic individual way. I'm useless so I ask her advice sometimes. I have no idea about fashion or style and readily admit to no interest either. I watched a TED talk recently and the guy on it said "don't follow fashion...because you can never catch up...you are always following..." I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment