Thursday 18 June 2015

Little lost doll



We found this little lady in Ellesmere by the lakes looking very sad and bedraggled and probably in imminent danger of being hurled into the water. So we brought her home, washed her and made a few minor repairs and now I will post her picture on Facebook to see if we can trace her owner. A long shot as we don't know anyone from that part of Shropshire but it's worth a try.

My eldest has always been incredibly attached to Teddy, who is actually a cat from The Little White Company and funnily enough was originally white. Not now. He is grey, no longer fluffy, has been re-stuffed twice and his eyes are dull. No matter. If ever we were so unfortunate to have a house fire and need to escape fast, well he is on the list. Two daughters, the dog and teddy. Pretty much all we'd take although with an extra five minutes maybe some spare pants for us all!

I remember a black and white plastic horse that I loved. Don't know whatever happened to him, I must remember to ask my mum! My brother had a toy monkey that he adored and slept with until quite old, I think about 18, before his girlfriend laughed at him. Poor monkey was banished to the loft. I think he is still around.

What do you remember loving as a small child? and have you still got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment