Saturday 20 June 2015

Fathers Day


 As tomorrow is Father's day I am going to share a post I made on Facebook yesterday. It's not for sympathy or out of self pity but just to express that there are many stories to be told within families, some good, some not so. Wishing you a happy day tomorrow.
Much Love XXX


Father's Day.
I read your posts of missing your father, how great he was, loving and supportive. How sad you are and how you wish he were still here. Then I wonder what it could have been like, to have a father like yours. You see I didn't. Mine was vicious, mean, cruel and incredibly emotionally abusive. I don't remember a single cuddle, kiss or a kind word. Not once. He died a while back. I don't even remember the date or the year. Only 2 of his 4 children went to his funeral and in truth I only went to support my brother. So now my grieving is over. I did that while he was alive. For the father I never had. And I read your posts and am sorry for your pain as mine is over now but I remember it well. So celebrate your good fortune if your dad was and is wonderful and if he is no longer here then be grateful for what you had.
Love to you all X

No comments:

Post a Comment